Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Ornament Craft: Kiss Angel

Several years ago, a dear friend and I made these Kiss Angel ornaments together. They are very simple to make and would be a great addition to a package or small tree.

You will need a wrapped Hershey Kiss, a small round wooden bead, a bit of yellow pipe cleaner, and some bits of ribbon - two need to be white, but the third could be another color.


Hot glue the bead to the top of the kiss. Shape the yellow pipe cleaner to a circle or swirl and glue to the top of the bead. Use a pencil to draw eyes and mouth. We made our angels look like they were singing with their eyes closed. Use one bit of white ribbon and made a small bow to glue to the front of your angel, just below her chin. I have to admit, for the life of me, I could not make that bow! My fingers just couldn't make them tiny enough, and my friend had to make all of them. We got a good chuckle out of it at least.


Use another bit of ribbon - ours is purple - and glue a loop to the back of the angel to make a hanger. Finally take a bit of white or shimmery ribbon and make another bow slightly larger than the first to glue to the back for her wings.

These ornaments are absolutely adorable. Are they edible? I guess they could be, as long as none of your glue seeped into the kiss wrapper when you attached the head. I personally think she's way too adorable to eat, and I've had her for several years now. Just make sure you don't put her away in the attic after Christmas!






And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.” And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”  Luke 2:9-14

No comments:

Post a Comment