Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Not Too Crafty Craft Project

It's Spring Break! I have my girls at home with me for a full week, and that means we will be doing a craft project... or two.

Yesterday, our fun didn't involve a lot of extra craftiness on my part. I was recently at the Dollar Store and found little Easter trees on which to hang Styrofoam Easter eggs. I thought the girls would enjoy decorating a tiny Easter tree, so I snatched up a tree and two packs of eggs. I also had some plaster type Easter eggs that I found at Hobby Lobby for the girls to paint.

I called this the "Not Too Crafty Craft Project" because it didn't require much on my part to prepare, as in I didn't actually craft the tree from scratch, or color each Styrofoam egg.
I decided it would be fun, as they were painting their eggs, I would paint the tree's pastel purple pot and make it a bit more eye-catching.
I provided the paints and brushes and let the girls enjoy painting their eggs however they wanted.
Then they decorated the tree.
I put the decorated tree in the kitchen, but it found its way to the girl's bedroom. I think they like it. And I love how much better it looks with the painted pot.
I hung their painted eggs from some greenery by the fireplace.









Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 1 Peter 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment