Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bottle Cap Wind Chime

If you've been on Pinterest, you've probably seen many variations of Bottle Cap Wind Chimes. That's where I first saw one and I fell in love with the idea.

Then I saw one at Hobby Lobby. But why buy one at Hobby Lobby when it's so much more fun to make one?



I had quite the stash of bottle caps, and I combined them with bits of chain and beads from a necklace to make my very own one-of-a-kind wind chime.

I used a drill to make two holes on opposite
sides of each cap.


However, I discovered later that it would have been easier to just use a hammer and nail to achieve a smaller and cleaner hole without sharp pieces of metal sticking out.

I took apart a necklace like this one to add beads and bits
of chain among the caps.
I used 24 gauge wire to connect the caps to each other
and to the pieces of necklace chain.
I hung the strips of caps and beads from an old trivet.

It looks like it could be time consuming, but it really wasn't. The girls didn't want to help me with this project, but they stopped their play every now and then to check on my progress and tell me how nice it was looking.





For behold, he who forms the mountains and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought, who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth— the Lord, the God of hosts, is his name! Amos 4:13 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. DIY Wind Chimes

    ReplyDelete