Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Best Easter Basket Ever

Let's face it. The last thing my girls need are more toys or stuffed animals. I mean have you seen their beds? Their play room? Maybe you haven't, but trust me on this. They don't need more stuff!

I decided this year that their Easter Baskets would not contain a toy or a stuffed animal. While I've never been the kind to go overboard on Easter Baskets, even one toy or stuffed animal would be one too many. 

But I didn't want it to be all candy, either. They have enough of that, too. This year I did something a little different. I was told it was the best Easter Basket ever by my almost 10-year-old.


Each basket contained a little more than a dozen eggs, some with candy and some with small pieces of paper. Coupons. A coupon to skip a chore. A coupon to stay up 30 minutes past bedtime. A coupon for an iTunes song download. A coupon for a dessert of their choice at Sonic. Seven different coupons for seven different things that would be a special treat for them. And most of them would not cost us a cent.

Best. Easter. Basket. Ever. Who can argue with that?

This just might be the beginning of a new Easter Basket tradition.




My child, never forget the things I have taught you. Store my commands in your heart. If you do this, you will live many years, and your life will be satisfying. Proverbs 3: 1-2


No comments:

Post a Comment