Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Friday, November 23, 2012

Snowman Snow Globe Ornament

Over the summer, my girls and I were shopping and a certain store already had their Christmas section in full swing. I saw an ornament that I loved, but didn't feel I could pay what they were asking. But the idea was so simple, I felt it could be reproduced. I made a few notes on paper and kept it until the time was right. 

My girls and I made our ornament a few days ago. I love them!




To make the Snowman Snow Globe Ornament, you will need clear
ball ornaments, Styrofoam Christmas pebbles, paint pens, glitter,
and self-stick gems.

Begin by drawing your snowman. The ornament I saw over the
summer had these spirals for his body, but you can make
your snowman any way you please.


While the paint is still wet, sprinkle glitter onto
his body.

Allow some time to dry, then add a hat, face, scarf, and arms
with various colors of the paint pens. Also add some
of the stick-on gems. I put my gems in the center of
his spirals.


Fill the ball with the Styrofoam balls. The ornament I saw
over the summer was only half full. We got carried away
and filled ours a little fuller.


My older daughter designed her snowman her own way with
black paint and silver glitter. My younger daughter and I
chose the white paint with the spiral bodies and white glitter
(which do not show up well in a photo, but are super cute).

I'm pretty sure we made these three ornaments for less than the price of the original store-bought one I saw over the summer. And you can't put a price on the time spent with your kids.





Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:4-5



No comments:

Post a Comment