Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Friday, April 1, 2011

Fabric Flower Tutorial - LUCY

When I started making fabric flowers, my Mom sent me some really cool buttons. Several of them were shaped like flowers, and I wasn't really sure how to use them. I didn't like them as the center for any of the flowers I was making. So I decided to make a custom flower to fit the button.
Flower shaped button.
I started by scanning the button itself into my computer and used the scan to create templates. I enlarged the image three times so that I had three templates of different sizes all larger than the button.
Three templates and a button. I put tape on the templates to
help hold my fabric in place as I cut.
I used two shades of color. The largest and the smallest pieces
were of one shade while the middle size was a different shade.
Very gently singe the edges so as not to alter the
shape of the flower. I also didn't want to over-curl it.
Stack the pieces together shifting the petals so they do not
match up, and sew on the button.
Finished flowers.
Yellow one that I made a few days later.
I make and sell fabric flower hair accessories and rings. You can check out my websites to see all of my work... http://jennsbabytags.tripod.com/http://www.etsy.com/shop/jenilynn73, and http://www.facebook.com/JennsBabyTags.



"If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever." I Peter 4: 11

No comments:

Post a Comment