Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Friday, May 13, 2011

We Need a Little Personal Space!

I acquired an old school locker. What fun to give it a makeover to put in the playroom for a little personal storage space! The girls each love having their own little space, especially since they share their bedroom and their playroom with each other.

In order to paint on metal, I first needed a primer coat.
For this, I used Kilz Premium.
After the primer coat was good and dry, I started to add the color. I used leftover paint from bathroom and nursery projects, and I got a small can of blue paint on clearance at Wal-mart (score!)... therefore, I used a combination of flat wall paint (blue), satin wall paint (yellow), semi-gloss wall paint (green), and craft paint (pink and purple). I painted the outside of the locker blue, the inside yellow, and the doors green, pink, and purple. I applied about two coats of each color, as needed.



When the color coats were completely dry, my daughters and I decorated it with our flower paint stamps, using all of the same colors.







Then I coated the entire locker with Minwax water-based Polycrylic protective finish to give it protection and a nice shine. I gave it about two days to really dry, then we placed it in the playroom, and for added security, bolted it to the wall. We don't want it falling on anyone!




"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

No comments:

Post a Comment