Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Boxed Condos

I recently saw a picture online of a cardboard box skyscraper that was TOO COOL. I was INSPIRED! We HAD to build one... we couldn't NOT build one. After all, anytime there is a spare box laying around, my daughter requests to play with it, so I knew this would be up her alley. I had a pretty good stockpile of boxes in the attic for times when I might need to send a package. So we had all the ingredients we would need for our creation.

You'll need boxes of all shapes and sizes. I held ours together
with mostly packing tape. I used glue in a few places, but still
reinforced with tape because I was too impatient
to wait for the glue to dry.
We started building together, the girls and I.
Then I sent them to bed and I finished building.
This is what they found when they got
up this morning.
I made it as 3D as possible, with balconies that dolls could really walk out on, a couple doors that really open, porch roofs over doors, and even a chimney. I left open boxes on the back side so they could have rooms to play inside.
Then we used a permanent marker to draw on
doors and windows. I told them they could
decorate it however they wanted, and use
as much color as they'd like.
They drew up a few things, but then the
dolls came out and they started playing.
We used an upside down shoe box lid to make
a swimming pool... and we even have a diving board.
The Lalaloopsy beds and table/chair set were a perfect fit.
We're having so much fun, we've missed
breakfast and it's time for lunch.
At its tallest point, our condo stands a tad over 5 feet tall and will be a perfect playhouse for the Mini Lalaloopsy dolls, Polly Pockets, Little Pet Shop, or any other similarly sized toys. My oldest told me she just loves it... and I'm wondering why we spent $100 on that Barbie house.




The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe. Proverbs 18:10

No comments:

Post a Comment