Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Beaded Wind Chime

A couple years ago, my neighbor made wind chimes from silverware and pan lids. He made them for the folks who worked at their church's VBS, and there was an extra that he gave to me. After this summer, the lines he used to string the forks (spoon) disintegrated, so it needed a little repair.

I decided to upgrade and add a little BLING as
I repaired it.
Before. I don't have a photo of it put together the way my
neighbor made it. This is what it looked like after it fell
apart. He drilled holes around the lid and in the handle
of the forks and spoon to recycle these yard sale finds
into something new.
To begin, I purchased a fancy drawer pull and
replaced the lid handle. I found this pull at Hobby
Lobby when they were having a sale on them.
I gathered together a lot of medium sized beads... some of them from my
own stash of random beads, some from the clearance section at Hobby Lobby,
and I also took apart a bead necklace that we were no longer wearing.
I used fishing line to string each fork (spoon) to hang from the lid. The fishing line will not fall apart like the line my neighbor originally used. But on the line, between the fork (spoon) and the lid, I strung beads the entire length of the line.

To get the bead on the top of the lid, I doubled
the length of the line I needed and threaded it through the hole
in the lid, then through a single bead, and back down through
the hole. I strung the rest of my beads on the double line,
and then to finish off was able to tie the lines together to secure it.
I strung a small beaded line from the handle so
I could hang my creation. This caused
the lid to hang a little off center, which is okay by me
because now I can see my pretty drawer pull.
Completed wind chime... and it really does
chime! I love it!







Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30

No comments:

Post a Comment