Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Flower Makeover

My sweet neighbor gave these silk flowers to me when she
heard that I was making flower hair accessories.
But the clip to which they are attached made them
unsuitable for hair. I did attach one once to my little one's
baseball-style cap, and that was cute. But I couldn't
do much else with them.
So I took them apart. GASP!
I even took the center part off its green plastic piece.
I used a brad and inserted it through the center hole of
each piece, putting the flower back together.
Brad sticking through to the bottom of the flower.
I opened the brad and put a dot of hot glue in the center,
then placed on it a hair pin with pad that I found at Hobby Lobby.
With a pair of needle-nose pliers, I curled the ends of the
brad around the hair pin pad.
I hot glued the yellow center back in place, covering
the head of the brad.
Now these flowers are ready for hair.
Or I kind of like it here on her dress.
I just slid the hair pin on from the
edge of her dress. Perfect!




Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. 1 Peter 3: 3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment