Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Owls... from Toilet Paper Rolls

This idea came from Rebecca Mikami. When my daughter saw the picture of these online, she wanted to do them NOW... it was really hard for her to wait until we'd accumulated a couple empty toilet paper rolls.


For this cute project, you will need empty toilet paper rolls, masking tape, paint, googly eyes, orange paper scraps, and fabric scraps.


  • Start by folding down the top of the roll to make two pointed ears. 
  • Tape it down. I didn't have masking tape, so I skipped that part, and the ears seem to be holding up just fine.
  • Paint! 

  • When the paint is dry... add the eyes, beak, and wings. I didn't have googly eyes. What kind of crafty mother am I? So I used my smallest circle punch and some black sticker dots to make our eyes. I cut orange triangles from scraps of paper, and cut wings from scraps of fabric.
  • I used a glue stick for the wings, but thought the eyes and beak needed something a little more, so we used tacky glue for that.


Such an adorable and easy project, and even the little girl next door came over and made one. I hope her Mom doesn't mind the bonus pink paint in her hair.




Then you will understand what is right, just, and fair, and you will find the right way to go. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will fill you with joy. Wise choices will watch over you. Understanding will keep you safe. Proverbs 2: 9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment