Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Craft Project: Lily Pad

Today's craft comes from my 2nd grader. She read about this idea in a science book at her school, and she came home to tell me all about it... chomping at the bit to give it a go. These instructions are all hers based on what she read in the science book, I only provided the supplies.

Items needed: green yarn, paper plate, green crayons, a frog,
and tissue paper (not pictured)
Begin by coloring the plate. We used heavy duty
dessert size plates.
Color both sides.
Cut out a pie shaped wedge. I was thinking this might cause
it to sink, but as I type this, she's playing with her lily
pad in a tub of water on the kitchen floor, and it's
holding up.
She asked for a piece of tissue paper to make a flower
on her lily pad, but when I was looking for one, she saw
this ribbon bow, and asked to use it instead.
I punched a hole in the cardboard base of the flower
and tied two pieces of yarn to it. Then I punched a
hole in the plate and pulled the yarn through. This
helps hold the flower in place and give the lily
pad its "roots".
Fill a container with water, or the bathtub, and add plastic
frogs. My 4 year old made one, too, but she didn't want
a flower or roots.







Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling. Psalm 91: 9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment