Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bottle Cap Magnets Revisited

My girls and I have already made a handful and a half of bottle cap magnets and necklaces. Today, the neighbor girl and I made some more... only with a slightly different and educational spin. Neighbor girl is 3 and still learning her letters. So today, she helped me make her name in bottle caps.



The method is the same as what we did before... http://jennspeak.blogspot.com/2011/06/craft-review-family-fun-magazine-keep.html, but we're adding a paper element. Before covering  your 1" circle base with packing tape, glue a paper letter cutout to the circle. I just used a glue stick from the kids' craft drawer to attach the letter, then cover the circle, letter and all, with the packing tape.


Then continue with the rest of the previous tutorial, gluing the circle to the inside of the bottle cap and adding embellishments around the letters to make it fun and sparkly. We made her name so she can practice spelling it and arranging the letters in the correct order. Or be extra ambitious and create the entire alphabet for your little one to play with. And then if your child needs an extra E or N for their name, you can easily make the extra letters that are needed.





After we finished making her name, I made an Owl using the same format... I created the body, eyes, ears, and beak with paper, gluing each piece to my circle base. Then I covered it with packing tape, glued it into the inside of the bottle cap and added googly eyes and jewel embellishments.


Of course the final step is to add the magnet and fill the inside with clear drying glue or decoupage to keep everything in place.








Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly Father.  Matthew 18:10

No comments:

Post a Comment