Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Painting Class

It's still Spring Break, but it turned out to be a rain day, so we spent some time painting. My younger daughter just painted what she wanted to paint. But for my older daughter, we decided to do something a little different and more specific. I adapted this idea from something I saw on Pinterest.
I had an 8x10 paint canvas, and I wrapped it with rubber bands of various thicknesses. The idea I took this from used a much larger canvas and some painters tape. The tape is a much better idea, instead of rubber bands, but I didn't have skinny enough tape for the size of my canvas.

I had my daughter paint into the shapes created by the rubber bands, using several different colors. I tried to get her to use all lighter colors for this part, being careful not to move the rubber bands as she painted.

When the paint was dry, we removed the rubber bands, and they left behind white lines throughout the painting. This would serve as the background for the painting.

Next I had her paint whatever she wanted to paint over top of the color blocks, but his time she needed to use darker colors. She chose to paint a blue bird with a worm in its mouth and a flower.

I also tried to teach her a little about shading. Of course I am no painter and not much of an expert in the area, but she experimented with mixing colors a little and using lighter colors to highlight and define her picture.

Both girls spent a good part of the afternoon working on their paintings. The perfect activity for this rainy day.

My younger daughter's painting







What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? Matthew 16:26

No comments:

Post a Comment