Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Recyle Project: Tin Can Wind Chime

I sort of saw this idea on Pinterest... in that I SAW the picture, but I never clicked into the source of the picture. And as I type this, I still haven't clicked into the source of the picture. I know. It's terrible of me to take an idea without actually reading the idea. But to be fair, here's a link to my pin if you want to check it out.



This was a perfect project for this somewhat chilly, lazy Saturday afternoon. Here's how we made ours.
You need tin cans of various sizes, paint, fishing line, plastic beads.
Paint the outside of clean, dry tin cans. For one wind chime, each can needs to be a different size. If you can nest them all inside each other, perfect. We used acrylic craft paint. Be sure to finish with a top coat sealer to protect the paint.
When your cans are dry, drill a small hole in the center of
each can bottom. Or be like me and do it when they're
still a tad wet. You really shouldn't be like me.
Be more patient.
Cut a length of fishing line (or heavy string... but fishing line will last longer) and tie the end of the line to a plastic bead (beads should be larger than the holes in the cans). String into the smallest can so that the bead is inside the can and the can is hanging upside down. String a second bead onto the line and position and secure it so that when you thread the second, next-size-up can onto the string, it will hang to barely hit the can below it. Do this until all cans are strung onto the line, using the beads as anchors for each can. Tie a ring or S-hook to the top of the line so you can hang it.

We made just one wind chime. My daughters and I each painted a can, and the fourth we all painted a little bit on. We plan to hang this wind chime just outside our vegetable garden.

I love having these little reminders of my girls and their creativity and our fun doing this kind of thing together.








Throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy. Ephesians 4:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment