Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The First Hair Cut

A lot of parents have pictures from their kids' first hair cuts. It's normal.

For my 8-year-old daughter, that first hair cut happened today.

Several weeks ago she told me she wanted to cut her hair before school starts. I wish I could remember the conversation. I'm sure I'm the one who mentioned donating her hair, because it was so long, it seemed the natural thing to do. She was immediately excited about the idea. She wanted to help other kids.

We did a bit of research about places that take hair donations, like Locks of Love, Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program, and Wigs for Kids. After talking about what these organizations do, my daughter chose Wigs for Kids because the organization helps kids regardless of the reasons for hair loss.

A couple of weeks passed between her initial mention of cutting her hair and the actual appointment. I wanted to make sure she was sure this is what she wanted to do. It wasn't a spur of the moment decision. But she told me she wanted to do it, and she told me she wanted it done on July 31. So I made her appointment for 4:30 pm on July 31.

This is her hair the morning of her appointment.
Tracy making that first cut.
Two pony tails ready for donation.
Shoulder length and ready for 3rd grade!
A big huge thanks to Tracy at Tracy's Hair Studio for making our donation possible. Tracy did a great job, and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a stylist.

Tracy's Hair Studio
20 Music Square West
Nashville, TN
615-248-8006




Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:29-30

No comments:

Post a Comment