Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Friday, April 19, 2013

Make a Fairy Garden

Not long after it started to look like Spring would finally arrive, my oldest daughter was talking about the Cozy Bird Cottage project we did a while back. She wanted to that again.

Then during a recent trip to The Home Depot, the girls begged for a little cactus plant. They'd asked for them before, so this time I let them each purchase a couple of the plants.

We put the cacti (& succulent) plants together with the decorated birdhouses to create a Fairy Garden. I saw this idea somewhere recently, but I can't remember where. I just want to point out that it's not my original idea.

My daughter made a sign for her garden that says
"Caution Cacti Ahead!" and "Fairies Allowed Only!"

I purchased two plastic flower pot saucers, one for each child's garden, and filled them with potting soil, adding the cacti and succulent plants around the edges. The girls painted and decorated their houses and placed them in the back center of the garden and we found small smoothish stones to build a stone pathway through the garden to the house. We took moss from our yard and placed it in the dirt around the pathway and plants to look like grass.

I also found white picket fences at the craft store. They do not reach all the way around the yard, but still add a cozy feel.


Later, as I was potting flowers for our deck, I found the painted stones we made a few years ago ("Write It In Stone" Project), and my daughter added them to her garden.

She is very proud that one of her plants has a very long bloom.

My younger daughter also made a garden.

They enjoyed building their gardens, and I hope they will also enjoy taking care of them. Ha. My younger daughter has already tried to drown hers.







"Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts." Colossians 3:16 

No comments:

Post a Comment