Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Friday, August 12, 2011

Craft Review: Angry Birds go Offline

I have never played Angry Birds. But it must be a lot of fun. I found this craft on Make and Takes and I just couldn't resist.

Because I have never played, and my daughter has, I had to ask her if the pigs had to be green. She said yes. We made three of them. But she said we could have a red, blue, and/or yellow bird. So we made one of each. For the birds, we made small pom poms, and the pigs are a size larger. I happen to have pom pom makers, but there are other ways to make them... here's one. When you make your birds, leave the ties a tad longer to make a couple angry bird tail feathers sticking out longer than the rest of the pom pom. To complete your birds and pigs, you'll need googly eyes, black yarn scraps, and paper scraps. Be creative.
Use tacky glue to attach the eyes. Cut some orange triangles
to make the bird beaks and use scraps of black yarn for the
angry brows. Use white paper to make the pig snout and ears.
My daughter made these, and she used a black sharpie to define
nostrils and ears.
Use small Dixie style cups to make a tower. Since I've never
played the game, I really don't know the purpose of the pigs...
Now the Make and Takes blog, at this point, said to sling shot the birds into the tower, but she didn't elaborate. At first we tried a rubber band. Not only did I snap my thumb and it really hurt, it killed my yellow bird and I had to repair my blue and red birds more than once. No wonder they're so angry. So we needed a different less destructive, method to catapult our birds into the tower. The answer: a plastic spoon.

Place the bird into the spoon, hold one of the longer tail feathers
with your finger to keep him from falling out, and bend the spoon backwards,
then shoot the bird into the tower.
If all else fails, just stacking cups might keep the kids, entertained.
I give this craft two thumbs up... and since my husband and both daughters are currently deeply involved in building a strong tower out of Dixie cups, maybe we should give it eight thumbs up.





The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runs into it, and is safe. Proverbs 18:10

No comments:

Post a Comment