Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Toilet Paper Roll Butterfly

Well, it's clear by my lack of new posts that school has begun and we've not had time to be crafty. But today, the neighbor girl is here, and we decided to make something. It's nothing fancy, but she liked it.



For this simple project, I used a bit of card stock, an empty toilet paper roll, pipe cleaner, and googly eyes.

I made a set of butterfly wings from the card stock. Fold the paper in half and cut one wing from both sides, and you've got an instant matching set. I let her color the wings as she saw fit. I also flattened the toilet paper roll a bit and had her color on it as well.

I cut the pipe cleaner in half and shaped two antennae,
and taped them to the inside of the toilet paper roll with packing tape.

 Just to give it a little shape, I folded down the top edges of the
toilet paper roll.
I folded down the bottom edges, too.

Glue on wings...
Glue on googly eyes...

As we worked on our project, we talked a bit about the letter B and I wrote it down on a piece of paper so she would know what it looks like. She wasn't overly interested in that part. 






Let them praise the name of the Lord, for His name alone is exalted; His splendor is above the earth and the heavens. Psalm 148:13

No comments:

Post a Comment