Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Carpenters We Are.... Not

Our neighbor, who works at Lowe's, recently gave us a couple leftover building kits from those Saturday workshops Lowe's puts on for the kids. So today the girls and I built some Bug Barns.


These kits are pre-cut and ready to assemble, with little drill holes in the places for screws. Seems easy enough. Right? But my girls found it difficult to hold the wood pieces and work the screwdriver, all the while giving enough force to actually turn the screw. Mommy did most of the building.

My younger was able to screw the hinges into the door
of the barn, because she could use the table for
a little extra leverage.

My oldest wanted no part in using the screwdriver. 

When we had the barns half assembled, we decided to take a break from building... and paint. Now painting... my girls can do that!

When the paint was dry, we - and by we, I mean I -
finished the assembly.

As dusk approached, we took our new barns out to find occupants. Fireflies. One of the favorite parts of summer time.

The neighbor girl joined in the fun.
The fireflies were out in force tonight, and we had at least
20 in this one barn at one point.

All in all it was a hot, lazy Saturday. We stayed indoors and enjoyed our building and painting project. 

Then most definitely enjoyed catching fireflies before bedtime.








You, O God, are my king from ages past, bringing salvation to the earth. Both day and night belong to you; you made the starlight and the sun. You set the boundaries of the earth, and you made both summer and winter. Psalm 74: 12, 16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment