Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Monday, February 21, 2011

Talking to Myself

Well, since I'm just talking to myself for now... it's been close to a year since I found out there was a chance I would lose my job. At the time, I was reading in Genesis about Sarah, and then Rebekah. Both of these women tried to make God's word come into being on their own. God told Abraham he would be the father of many nations. But Sarah was barren and past child-bearing years. So she gave her servant Hagar to Abraham to bear him a son. She tried to make God's promise come to fruition on her own. Hagar's son was not the son through whom God would work. Sarah herself would have a son, and only God could make that happen. God told Rebekah regarding her twins: "Two nations are in your womb, ... one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger." And Rebekah favored her younger son, Jacob, and manipulated Isaac's blessing to make sure Jacob got it.

I am so glad that I was reading these stories during that particular time of my life. Because during the months that followed, I was continually reminded of them. That whatever God is doing in my life, he doesn't need me to try to make things happen. I needed to trust His word, and His will, and His timetable. I have no idea how things are going to work out. Even now that I am officially unemployed, I still don't see it. But I am trusting that God has a plan, that He will lead me to the right place, the right people, the right position, or maybe just the right customers, and it will be in His time, not mine. I don't know, but I am thankful for the peace He has given me and I am ready for the blessing that He has waiting... something far better than I can fathom!

No comments:

Post a Comment