Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

President's Day Bangles

So our President's Day fun didn't involve a lot of creativity from Mama. The girls painted large wooden bangles they got from their Gran for Christmas. But I was so very impressed with the job they did, I just had to share. Usually my little one just does the whole hit or miss thing with painting. But this time she actually got intentional. The box had a few ideas on the outside, and both girls took off on those ideas and really made some great bangles.


The stack on the left were painted by my first grader. Giraffe print at the bottom. Then jaguar... she mixed the orange paint herself. Then zebra. The top has cougar paws on it, for her school mascot. The package came with stencils they could use, one of them being a paw print. But she decided to paint them herself without the aid of a stencil.

The stack on the right were painted by my preschooler. The bottom has colors she mixed herself, but it made a great reddish-purplish color. The next is her giraffe. Then zebra. The top is red on the outside and blue on the inside. Again, I was really impressed with how intentional she was... especially seeing the zebra and giraffe print examples on the box, and doing it herself.

I think we have a couple of artists in the making!


"Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last;but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised." Proverbs 31:30

No comments:

Post a Comment